I wanted to post these reupholstered chair covers that I did over the weekend. I think it's an easy project for anybody with kids. If you are like me, then you probably clean the same messes over and over all day. I just couldn't take how dirty my chairs were. I clean them all the time, but they are back dirty by the end of the week. I decided it was time for an upgrade instead of buying new chairs and using money that I don't need to spend at this time. If you have something in your house that you don't know what to do with, then try painting or fabric.... It makes anything look fab!!
-Dee
 |
| I cut and measured the amount of fabric to wrap around the chair pad |
 |
| Once I measured the fabric, I wrapped it around the chair with a staple gun. |
 |
| This is the final look to all of my kitchen chairs!! |
 |
| This is how the kitchen chairs looked before fixing them up. Kids have a special way of making everything look so clean right?? |
Wow! Those look great! Nice save too on not having to buy new chairs. How did you get the seat off? And did you remove the old covering?
ReplyDeleteThanks a bunch!! Yes, I didn't want to buy new chairs, even on craigslist they cost a lot these days. I unscrewed the chair from the bottom and once I did that I could see how the old fabric was stapled on to the chair. After I did that, I ripped the old fabric off of the chair pad. You don't have to take the old fabric off if it is to time consuming. The project takes about 10-15 minutes per chair at the most. It could be shorter if you have someone to staple the material while you hold it as tight as possible.
DeleteBeautiful!!!! Love the new chair color!
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for the kind words.
Delete